Social Security Research Centre, Faculty of Economics and Administration, University of Malaya and Institute of Social Research, University of Michigan are currently conducting Malaysia Ageing and Retirement Survey on Malaysians aged 40 and older. The survey will be conducted throughout Malaysia, including Sabah and Sarawak.
Number of Respondents : 9,000 respondents aged 40 years and above
Position Available : 50 interviewers from every state in Malaysia
Interview mode : Computer-Assisted Personal Interviewing (Face-to-face)
Pilot Study : March to April 2018 (1,000 respondents)
Baseline study : August to October 2018 (8,000 respondents)
Payment : RM100 per day* (Travelling allowance & accommodation will be provided)
*Limited to baseline study only. For pilot study, interviewers will be paid RM50 per completed questionnaire.
- Holder of SPM/STPM/Diploma/Degree
- Graduating students are encouraged to apply
- Good computer skill
- Attendance at the 3-days training session in July 2018 on computer-assisted survey by ISR, University of Michigan. Certificate will be given to those successfully completed the training. For pilot study, 2-days training will be conducted at the end of March 2018.
- Available up to 30 hours per week during the data collection period including weekdays, evenings, Saturdays, and Sundays.
- Availability to perform face-to-face interviews in a variety of households and neighbourhoods. The house addresses are randomly selected as provided by the Department of Statistics Malaysia.
- Ability to perform administrative tasks including record keeping, daily transmissions by computer, daily submission of time and expense data, reconciling travel advances, and attending all required calls/meetings.