SSRC welcomes applicants to undertake research in a number of issues relating to Social Security in Malaysia. Areas of research to include:
- Impact of Social Security program rules on individuals’ work and retirement decisions;
- Macroeconomic and financial effects of changes in Social Security policy on national saving, investment, and economic growth;
- Implication of trends in Social Security, private pensions, and private saving for future retirement income security;
- Interactions of Social Security with other public and private programs;
- International research on pension and Social Security issues;
- Distributional effects of proposed Social Security reforms; and
- Impact of demographic and social change on Social Security.